Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Wonder of Choices

Today has been the best day in a long time. I called my doctor early this morning to make sure the huge blood vessel bursts in my eye weren't serious (they're not, btw- completely normal). In the process, I mentioned how much I've been struggling with nausea and that I was interested in some relief- enough said. They called in a prescription for Zofran to my local Walgreens and I couldn't be more thankful.

I don't know if it's the tea or the Zofran, or the combination of the two- but today I had the energy to not just go into my kitchen- but to actually clean it! That's right. I did the dishes. I cleaned the counters. I even scrubbed down the sink. I picked up my living room too. Maybe that doesn't sound lovely to you, and I'll agree that while I hate feeling miserable so often, it has been nice to let someone else take care of the chores- but it's so much nicer to have a choice in the matter. Today, for the first time in a long time, I had that choice. Standing to do dishes didn't make me gag. Pulling out the trash didn't completely wipe me out. I was able to do several chores before getting tired. I know that right now I don't have to keep up with the housework, but it's so nice to have the option to do it myself if I'm so inclined.

In other news, I think I may finally make a trip up to Longview next Monday! If this is really what the happy little pill does for me I think I can make the trip by myself. I miss my mom. I know she'll be down for thanksgiving, but it will be nice to see her sooner and to be able to pick up some happy fall/christmas decorations from the house. 

13 days until we find out if it's a boy or a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment