Monday, December 31, 2012

It's not about a new year

Well, our Christmas decorations are all down. They've already been packed up and put in storage. It's a little sad. We usually have decorations up until Valentine's Day. Don't judge me for that...we really love Christmas.

We took everything down early so it'd be less to pack up later. We have just one month until we're back in Longview- which also means just one month until our entire apartment has to be packed up and ready to go. We loaded up the car and Cameron's truck full of stuff we aren't using right now and drove it all up this past weekend. We rented a storage and left his truck in Longview. We realized that we had three vehicles (Cameron's work truck, his personal truck, plus the car) and only 2 people to drive them all... so we had to go early and drop one off. It worked out nice because it jump started the packing phenomenon and it forced us to find a storage.

 I was super excited to find a 10x15 unit for just $60/month! The place was really well kept and incredibly clean. An older retired couple have a storage facility and office out of the their home that is on the property. I like it when businesses are personal... I also like knowing a little bit about the people I do business with- although I suppose hearing about how they acquired each of their 4 dogs, chickens, cows, horses, etc. wasn't necessary... neither was the story about how dumb it is to let "storage wars" film on your property (because it might make thieves believe there is something worth stealing). Regardless, I like knowing that our business is helping to support this older retired couple rather than being pushed up a corporate ladder at one of those chain places.

We even took the first of many loads of unnecessary things from our home in Longview and put that in storage. We've learned from our time in San Antonio that we really like it when our home is less cluttered- and in Longview, we just have too much stuff for too little space- enter the beauty of storage. We also have decided that we really need to have a yard sale. While we have plenty of things we should just store out of the way (seasonal items, clothes, furniture that we will need when we get a bigger place, etc) we also have a bunch of stuff that we just don't need or use.

We're starting to accept that we are probably going to be in the same home in Longview for a while because we just won't have the money to move to anything bigger... but at least that means that I get to paint the nursery! (Which really means I get to pick out the paint color and Cameron will "get to" paint the nursery). The poor thing... has to do all the loading, unloading, painting... yeah. I'd feel sorry for all the work he has to do if it weren't for the fact that I carry a baby in my uterus 24/7  that has caused a plethora of unpleasant symptoms, and in just 15 1/2 weeks, I have to push it out (aka... worst "natural" pain known to man). So... yeah... I'm not going to feel bad about all the work he has to do... I will tell him that I appreciate it (which I do), and occasionally (when I feel like it) rub his back, neck, or head and tell him I love him.

In other news, my last OBGYN appointment went well. Heard her little heartbeat along with her moving around a ton, and I'm measuring right on track. Weight gain is also going well so far- still haven't had any increase in appetite so from start to now I've only gained about 8-9 lbs. (If you're thinking that doesn't sound like much for someone as far along as me (currently 24 1/2 weeks), think again- when you start out as high weight as I did you don't need to gain much and it's actually better for baby if you don't).

We're excited. Between getting to return to Longview, and looking forward to meeting our precious little girl, we have a lot to look forward to this next year. Goodbye 2012! (aka our last year "alone")

No comments:

Post a Comment