Thursday, January 17, 2013

Congratulations, You're 26 and Don't Have Diabetes!

I know, the glucose test is one of those things that at some point over 90% of pregnant women pass... and beyond that, those who don't still usually manage things well and have perfectly normal pregnancies with healthy babies.

The truth is, I wasn't really worried about my glucose test because of the pregnancy... more like the fact that I've had an insane sweet tooth since I was born (my first word was cookie... no joke). I love red meat, and I believe if you're going to take in a bunch of dairy, you might as well go all out and use real butter (I'd rather deal with fat which is something I can understand over a huge list of chemical crap that is sure to have a more interesting way of killing me in the future). Short story, until recent years, my diet has been totally setting me up for heart failure by the age of 30.

To know that I consistently have normal everything (cholesterol, blood pressure, thyroid whateverness, etc.) and now blood sugar, is quite a relief. Perhaps the insane amount of fast food I inhaled as a kid and processed foods that I loved and still sometimes indulge in won't be the death of me. Ok, so I eat them a little more than sometimes... I'm blaming pregnancy... we hadn't eaten hamburger helper in over a year until I got pregnant and suddenly started craving a strange mix of horribly highly processed foods (although fast food still makes me sick) and natural fruits/juices... sometimes together. Yesterday I dipped slices of organic apples into a spicy meat queso made with velveeta.


So congratulations to me... a car wreck is still the most likely way I will die if I go before age 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment