Tuesday, January 22, 2013

So I figured it was time for a donut : )

Today was my last time to see my obgyn here is San Antonio. I'm going to miss him.

After the appointment, I dropped by a dear friend's house to deliver an incredibly late birthday gift for her little boy. He was super cute and started talking about donuts and how his grandma often brings donuts when she comes over. It got me thinking...

At the appointment, I tried my best not to whine about my symptoms, but when it came to talking about sleep I just nearly started crying. I'm so tired. I really don't think I've managed more than 3 hrs in a single night over the past two weeks. After discussing the contributing factors with my Dr., we concluded that there isn't really anything more I can do about it (I've already tried everything)- he said that it's good training for having a newborn and to remember that it won't last forever. That was the down side of my visit.  Upside: All is well with little Violet. She's crazy active (which apparently is a good thing- although my sleep deprivation might try to argue). Her little heartbeat is steady right where it needs to be, and my "fundal height"- whatever that is- is right on track. In spite of drinking cocoa daily, I did somehow manage to lose a little weight between my last appointment and this one... which isn't really what you're hoping for when you're nearly 28 weeks pregnant. So, in light of my earlier conversation with a cute little boy, I figured it wouldn't hurt to stop for a few donuts on my way home : ) 

Now I'm eating Krispy Kreme donut holes, a burrito from taco bell (we're not even going to talk about where that craving came from), and drinking apple juice- that ought to tip to scales the right direction. Don't worry, I promise to snack on some fruit later and eat all my vegetables at dinner : )

No comments:

Post a Comment