Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reinforcements

I woke up feeling terrible. I went to the bathroom, then got ready to shower only to realize that standing up is not a good thing. I laid down in bed and was hit with this incredible feeling of nausea. One of those that makes you afraid to move. So I didn't... move that is. I stayed in bed until I felt like I was safe... I got up, walked into the living room with my phone, stepped toward the kitchen, got a whiff of cat poo and immediately had to sit down. It took a good hour to recover and find the energy to feed the cats. After that it took another good 30 minutes to gain the courage to enter the kitchen so I could get myself some water.

I'm doing a little better now, but I can't really walk... or stand... but sitting here on the couch chair seems to be ok. I need help. I love my husband, and he has been trying, but he is gone to work 13-14 hours a day. When he gets home there just isn't much time or energy for cleaning AND trying to cuddle me and make me feel loved (personally I would rather have the cuddles). He works hard and I'm so glad that I have this opportunity while pregnant to stay at home and just rest when I need to, but I also need my home clean. I don't have the energy or stomach to do it myself and my mommy is too far away to come help me on a regular basis.

I did what was necessary. I called in reinforcements. I officially scheduled a housekeeper to come once a week to clean the apartment and help with dishes and laundry. It's a lot of money, but worth it to get to spend more time with my husband when he's home and not have to live in a disgusting apartment.

When I told Cameron that I called a cleaning lady to come he was apologetic that he hadn't been keeping up with the housework. He was afraid that he wasn't doing a good job taking care of me. I just kinda smiled when he said that because he is so sweet and doesn't realize how great of a job he's doing. I mean, I get to stay at home while pregnant. No working. I get to volunteer with a homeless ministry and because its volunteer work, I can call in without feeling guilty. I can sit at home and read pregnancy books and spend hours looking at things on pinterest and reading mommy blogs and planning for the baby and take naps whenever I feel like it and it's all made possible by Cameron. Him working has provided me with this ideal situation where not only do I get to stay home, but we actually have the means to afford some help with the housework while I'm not feeling up to it.

God really has blessed me so much.