Friday, October 12, 2012

As promised, a Va-Cay update : )

I really should apologize for the facebook explosion. It was absurd, however, I'm pregnant... so let's blame that : )

Sooo... vacation isn't completely over, but it kinda feels like it is because Cameron had to work today, but to recap:

We visited these places:
The Alamo- made my heart flutter to indoctrinate my husband with Texas history
The San Antonio Museum of Art
Sea World
The Riverwalk
 Market Square

We ate at these places:
Meson European
Fusion House- still surprised baby let me try that one- and even more surprised how much I liked it
Marble Slab- baby LOVES ice cream :)
Logan's- had never been to one... it was ok.
Casa Rio- first Mexican food in nearly two months- woohoo! This is one of our favorite places in town.
Schilo's Delicatessen- holy cow amazing! Split pea soup and apple struesel- where has this been all my life?
Panera Bread- this was my first time to ever eat at Panera- it's a winner! Almost didn't make it in though because of the smell from the Pei Wei next door : (

I was impressed with my ability to try new foods and go so many places without ever getting sick in public. Granted, we spent several hours every afternoon in the room resting, never got a start before 10am (mornings are still very iffy) and we were almost always back by 8pm to call it a day... plus for every minute I spent walking somewhere, I sat on a bench for an equal amount of time. It was a lot of stop and go, but so much better than I've felt in weeks. Of course, today I was totally pooped from it all and glad to get to stay in bed til 2pm. We will continue with vacation activities tomorrow: Cameron is running a 5k in the morning then we have a couples massage scheduled (YAY!) and we have plans to do some rummage sale shopping, possibly visit traders village, and hopefully make it to the Witte Museum.

On a different note, my recent announcement on Facebook was a big step for me. I'm still pretty freaked out about sharing the news because I have a lingering feeling that something bad is going to happen. I know that I need to be trusting God with this, and I'm working on that- truly... it's just hard. I need to start spending time with people- I really need to find a church down here where we can get involved with other couples close to our age. I think a big part of my problem is the lack of Christian fellowship I have here- being alone is not good for me. I'm hoping that very soon I will be feeling well enough in the mornings for us to go back to trying churches in the area (since I've been pregnant mornings have been the worst- hence the reason we still aren't plugged in anywhere).

No comments:

Post a Comment