Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Gummy-Bear is Still Tickin'

Well, just got back from another happy prenatal visit : )  Baby gummy-bear's heartbeat was quick to find and just tickin' away : ) Makes me feel good to have that reassurance. Also, my doc's office finally received my medical records from east texas- so we were able to go over those which was nice.

Today I learned something I never knew about myself: my blood type. I really feel like this is something I should have known earlier in life, but eh... turns out it was never really a life or death thing. I came home and immediately researched my type because my doctor said I'm a somewhat rare type: AB+
I'm what's known as a "universal recipient"- which is exactly the opposite of someone with O- blood. O- can give to everyone, but only receive O- hence being a "universal donor."  I, on the other hand, can only give to someone who is also AB+, but I can receive from anyone. That's right- so if something ever happens and I'm dying and in need of blood- I expect every one of you to line up to donate : )

Aside from gummy-bear's heartbeat, and learning that I have awesome blood, I also got some exciting news today, so take note of this date:

November 20, 2012 we will find out gender!!!

And a few have asked, so here is the estimated due date: April 18, 2013.

I know... I buried the lead there- so sue me, I was never very good at my journalism class.

Other less exciting news:
 I'm still getting sick pretty regularly. Talked to my doctor about it and since I'm no longer losing weight, he thinks it best just to go ahead and stick it out since it should be getting better soon. According to the scale at his office, I've actually gained a pound since my last visit. No doubt this weekend's smorgasbord of gooey butter cake, caramel corn, and whole bags of baked lays had an impact on that. What can I say? Before 2pm I can't stand the sight of food, after 2pm I can't stop eating it. There are worse things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment