Monday, October 15, 2012

The Joys of Pregnancy

Thus far my pregnancy has been less than joyful. More accurate descriptions would be miserable, painful, anxiety ridden, and incredibly uncomfortable. However, God did not call me to sit around complaining about the ills of life (not that the lack of calling stops me from doing so). We are told to rejoice always- so today I am listing out the things about pregnancy that I can find joy in.

The Joys of Pregnancy:

1. Sleeping nine hours, waking up for three, then taking a three hour nap without feeling one ounce of guilt.

2. Finally having the courage to send back food I don't like at a restaurant and telling the waiter it's because I'm pregnant.

3. Not having to do the dishes because I can't stand the smell of dish soap.

4. Actually, not having to do any house cleaning because my nose and lack of energy make it an "undue hardship." Seriously, I'm growing a child that makes me sick everyday- what more can be expected?

5. Getting to shamelessly spend hours at a time on pinterest looking at baby things and not having to explain to anyone why.

6.Wearing the most comfortable clothing on earth and for the first time ever- actually wanting it to show off a growing tummy.

7. Weighing myself weekly and hoping to see the scale go up. (This hasn't happened yet, but my Dr. says that will soon change : )

8. The freedom to cry when watching an emotional commercial on tv and being able to blame it on "the hormones."

9. Best of all: getting to tell loved ones about the exciting new addition to our family : )

No comments:

Post a Comment