Saturday, October 20, 2012

The 100th Day

Today I have officially been pregnant for 100 days and being past 14 weeks all members of the medical community will agree that I'm officially in my second trimester (big sigh of relief).

Pregnant junk report:
Still dealing with morning sickness... although praise Jesus, most days it really is just morning sickness. I wake up, get sick, spend a couple hours recovering, then I'm able to move on with my day (which by then is really just an afternoon). I'm not complaining about this though since it's a vast improvement.
I'm excited to report that my weight is no longer going down- not going up either, but at this point I'm thankful for a little stability.

In other news:
I'm doing better with the worry aspect. I can't really explain it- I don't feel  like anything has changed, and in essence it hasn't. There was no big God moment- it's just like one day I woke up and I wasn't really worried anymore- it was just gone. I know that's an answer to prayer- not just my prayers, but those of my faithful friends and family- so to all of you, thank you.

Cameron and I have had some really awesome moments lately of really getting to connect with each other. We've spent a lot of time sitting and sipping and talking about our passions and our hopes for the future and our feelings about becoming parents. It's nice to know that we are both dealing with some of the same "big" questions. We have seasons like this periodically in our relationship and I really cherish them. I encourage all who are married and read this to set aside some time to sit with your friend and just talk- not about work or family or money- but rather talk about your interests, hopes, anxieties, goals, or random thoughts- just start sharing and encouraging each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment